The evidence-based Shared Decision Making Model follows six steps of shared decision making.
- Invite patient to participate
- Present options
- Provide information on benefits and risks
- Assist the patient in evaluating options based on their goals and concerns
- Facilitate deliberation and decision making
- Assist with implementation
At Waypointe, this process is applied to treatment and transition planning, as well as medical and health decisions, as a means of equipping our participants with the experience and skills needed to make prudent, informed decisions about their lives and care.